Monday, January 16, 2012

Anniversary CASE

Hey guys,

I hope you are enjoying 2012.  I FINALLY have a moment to post.  As usual, its been busy!  But, I haven't been idle.  Friends of mine celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary yesterday.  It was a fun night!  I saw this card from Monica Gale, and had to CASE:  Monica's blog.  I loved everything about it...even the colors!  So I CASEd it with a few differences:



I believe Monica's card base is 4 1/4 x 11.  Mine is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Monica used her top note shape vertically.  Mine is placed horizontally.  Also, I used the Frame It stamp set to frame a picture of the couple receiving the card.  I stamped the frame image on brushed silver cardstock and embossed it with black embossing powder, then I cut it out.  I also used a hobby knife to cut out the center for the picture.  Additionally, I punched out two jewelry tag shapes to hang off the ribbon.  (secret:  they don't actually hang...I used a mini glue dot to place and adhered them under the ribbon...lol)

I also made a custom envelope for my card:

 


I used a template from Paperwishes to create an envelope that accommodates larger greeting cards since my card is a little bulky.  I used Island Indigo Textured cardstock.  I also created a belly band.  The frame on the band is the same as used on the card.  This time, I embossed the image on whisper white with black embossing powder.  I printed the couples name on whisper white.  The flaps of the envelope have the scallop detailing from the card.  Here's the other side of the belly band:


The flower did not come out exactly as planned but I used it anyway.  I was trying to make a flower from the owl punch as so nicely explained by Valita on her blog, Valita's Fresh and Fun Folds.  I could have added more petals and made the center larger.  Anyway, I punched several leaves from the two-step bird punch and adhered them to the belly band with the flower in the center.  Overall, I like the way it looked.  I will do a better job next time.  Here's the inside of the envelope.



I lined it with the Island Indigo stripe pattern from the Designer Patterns pack. 

I hope my friends like the card!

Cathy








No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal