Tuesday, November 8, 2011

INVITATIONS AND BOXES


My friend Lela had a dinner party for 15 close friends.  She asked me to make the invitations.  Here they are:

The invitations were inspired from a project at Craft Project Central called Foldover Invitation.  I had to adjust the measurements for a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock since I used Stampin' Up!'s brushed gold and brushed silver cardstock.  The couples and women invited got the gold invitation and the men got the silver.
The invitations measure 4 1/4" x 11, scored at 2" and 7".  The top flap is embossed with the Stripes embossing folder.  The contrasting inner layer is 3 14/16" and the actual invitation measures 3 10/16.
I used the Wedding Sweet stamp set and black and early espresso satin ribbon.

Lela also asked me to make a package for some postcards and appointment cards she was giving each invitee as gifts.  I didn't have enough brushed gold and silver to actually match the invitations with the boxes. So I used other cardstock.  Here they are:

  

Here are what the boxes look like on the inside:


The inside lid of the boxes are stamped with my name and other info.  The bottom of the box contains a compartment for the postcards and appointment cards.  The boxes are very elegant.  I learned how to make the boxes using Connie Stewart's boxes tutorials, including her box shim tutorial.

The finished box measures 4 1/2"W x 7 3/4"L x 1 1/2"D.  For the bottom of the box, start with cardstock measuring 10 3/4" x 7 1/2".  Score at 1 1/2" all around.  For the lid, cardstock measures 9 1/4" x 6", scored at 3/4" all around.  For the insert, cardstock measures 4 7/16" x 10 9/16".  Score at 2", 3 1/2" and 5".

Maybe one day I will do a video...I'm working on it!  Thanks for stopping by.

Cardstock:  Naturals Vanilla, Neutral Textured Assorted Pack
Paper:  Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Early Espresso, Basic Black
Accessories:  Designer Frames Big Shot Dies, Velvet Vanilla Ribbon, Quilted Early Espresso Ribbon, 1/4" Grosgrain basic black ribbon, Early espresso satin ribbon, Basic black satin ribbon, Crochet trim victoria ribbon,






1 comment:

Paypal